The 2013 Breast Cancer Awareness (BCA) Campaign theme, Let’s Defeat Breast Cancer. We’re Stronger Together is designed to move public focus beyond awareness and harness the power of social media to encourage specific actions that bring us all closer to a world without breast cancer.
Launching on October 1st is the centerpiece of this year’s BCA Campaign, a new global website accessible in over 70 countries and 15 languages that encourages visitors to create a “Circle of Strength”. Each circle enables friends, family, co-workers and loved ones to show their strength by rallying around an action – large or small – that advances us in the fight to end breast cancer. The site will showcase circles and other curated content from around the world, making it a truly global digital experience.
- To access the site and create a circle, visit: www.BCAcampaign.com/StrongerTogether
- Each person who creates a Circle can TAG friends and family via Facebook, and commit to completing dedicated actions focused on preventative, proactive and educational measures—simple things we all can do in our daily lives to help beat breast cancer. Commitments might include walking each day after work, cooking healthy meals with family and friends, scheduling a mammogram, or pledging a donation to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF).
- To create a Circle of Strength, click the CREATE A CIRCLE button, which prompts users to LOGON THROUGH FACEBOOK and TAG friends as members of their Circle of Strength.
- Each Circle of Strength can have up to 10 individuals.
- Individuals can create and join multiple Circles of Strength and are encouraged to create group goals, share actions socially and invite others to both join and create their own different Circles of Strength.
- Circle of Strength members can also upload photos directly to the site or via the hashtag #BCAstrength on Instagram and Twitter @BCAcampaign to show that they’re stronger together.
Another special component of this year’s campaign is our 2013 Campaign video, which follows three inspiring breast cancer survivors and chronicles their uplifting stories. We hope this video will inspire people to take action against the disease and demonstrate that We’re Stronger Together. The video can be viewed and shared on our website or YouTube channel: www.YouTube.com/BCAcampaign
In addition to creating your own Circle of Strength and sharing the Campaign video, we hope you’ll also support this year’s BCA Campaign by mentioning the Circle of Strength website on your social channels or simply sharing photos and/or videos of your own live and ways in which you find strength, via Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #BCAstrength. You can follow us on Twitter and Instagram @BCAcampaign and #BCAstrength and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BCAcampaign