Make no mistake. Pinterest may be a pretty interface full of recipes, do-it-yourself tips, and pictures of cuddly animals (what social site doesn’t have cute animals anymore?), but the end game is all business.
Unlike most who try to get into social media, Pinterest has a real chance of making it happen even with their late entry into the social race.
Take a look at the infographic below. A few things are clear.
- They hit at the right time
- They have an amazing target audience from a business-targeting perspective
- The site drives traffic
- The users are passionate
It’s a great recipe for success. The only 3 questions that need to be answered are:
- Do they have the right ingredients?
- Are the chefs ready for the big leagues?
- Do they have the over turned on high enough to cook the site through to 2013?
Cooking analogies on an article about Pinterest – completely unintentional. Really.
Click to enlarge.