“Digg is a place for people to discover and share content from anywhere on the web. From the biggest online destinations to the most obscure blog, Digg surfaces the best stuff as voted on by our users.”
Google Page Rank: 8/10
- Story quality is pretty good. Many stories make the front page that do not deserve it, but most are pertinent and from a reliable source.
- The community factor is poor. The recently integrated shout feature is mostly used for spam. It’s a news site, regardless of how changes are made to give it FaceBook attributes.
- Extremely potent tool to create above-average quality links
- Quick indexing potential, especially if the submission gets a lot of diggs
- “nofollow” not present, except in links listed on profile
- Time consuming if done correctly
- Banning is potential, bashing is probable if submissions are “spammy”
Internet Marketing Value (non-SEO)
- Good, semi-targeting traffic if it doesn’t hit the front page
- Incredible semi-targeted traffic if it does hit the front page
- Tedius and time consuming to get a profile to the point where submissions get a lot of Diggs, moreso to make the front page
- Making the front page can shut down servers with mostly untargetted traffic. For websites that are used to make money in some fashion, getting tens of thousands of visitors in a day can sometimes hurt a website that isn’t prepared for the flood.