If You Can’t Be James Bond, You can Still be a Social Media Not-So-Secret Agent

Secret Agent

Not all of us have the abilities, training, and gumption to make it as 007. Globetrotting with a Walther PPK 9mm Short under our tuxedo jacket is an appealing life to some, but the majority of us are perfectly fine spending time with our families and posting our mundane lives on Facebook.

That doesn’t mean we have to be passive. It doesn’t mean we can’t make a difference.

Social media has empowered millions to explore the world and expand our reach. When we have passions that must be fulfilled, it is a great way to help others know certain truths. In a way, it is like being a secret agent; finding or producing content on subjects important to us and sharing it across the various social media platforms can not only be appealing, it can do good in the world. For example, I use social media for marketing various businesses 80% of the time, but the other 20% is dedicated to exposing and attacking certain evils I perceive in the world such as censorship, GMO-controlled food industries, political corruption, and attacks on Christians. That’s my “not-so-secret agent” calling on social media.

What’s yours?

So as to not be too preachy, I’ve included this great infographic from Hootsuite. Yes, it’s very promotional for their dashboard product but the stats are strong and I do owe them one since I posted my preference for Buffer as a scheduling tool recently.

Click to enlarge.

Hootsuite Agent

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>