10 Things to Tweet Before the End of the World
Let’s be clear from the start. I do not believe the world is going to end on the 21st of December. I do not think anything major is going to happen other than the potential for idiots making something happen for the sake of making something happen. With that said, it does become a fun little piece of trivia that holds a bit more intrigue than Harold Camping or Y2K simply because this particular doomsday prediction was set up so long ago.
There are questions about whether it’s really a doomsday prediction or just an ancient people who ran out of space on their wheel. Regardless of which side of the fence you’re on, here are some Tweets you can borrow that will help to add to the intrigue of the coming end (or beginning, depending on your point of view). I’ve attached easy click-to-tweet links to make your sharing much easier.
- Why did the #Mayans pick a Friday? Couldn’t they have had the decency to end the world on a Monday? ~ @0boy Tweet This
- To anyone who is scared of the #mayanapocalypse, don’t be. It isn’t going to happen. Trust me. ~ @0boy Tweet This
- I heard a rumor that the next #MayanCalendar is going to sync up with Microsoft Outlook. ~ @0boy Tweet This
- Sadly, there will be people who are disappointed when the world is still around after the #mayancalendar ends. ~ @0boy Tweet This
- I’m not picking up my dry cleaning until the 22nd. Just in case. #Mayans ~ @0boy Tweet This
- Just scheduled a Tweet for midnight of the 22nd. That should freak out the #Mayans ~ @0boy Tweet This
- With the #MayanApocalypse at hand, I admit I’ve always had a crush on [insert name]. If the world doesn’t end, please disregard. ~ @0boy Tweet This
- I told McDonald’s, “I’ll gladly pay you Dec. 22nd for a hamburger today.” Apparently they’ve heard about the #Mayans, too. ~ @0boy Tweet This
- The #MayanCalendar – it’s all fun and games until someone loses a planet. ~ @0boy Tweet This
- I can picture the #Mayans in 3372 BC saying, “Man, this is really going to screw with their heads in 5383 years.” ~@0boy Tweet This